Kid’s love for the candies is well known. Whatever number of candies we provide to them, still they will crave for more. Even at the sight of candy, they will start drooling.Why to blame only the kids, sometimes even we grown ups get tempted to lick a lollipop or chew a candy. Though candies are full of sugar, yet we can’t avoid them all together. So we can call them necessary evil 🙂 🙂 Won’t it be good, if we are able to make something that is a candy, but at the same time healthy too?? Something like Apple Candy. Moreover, these easy to make amazing apple candies are sure to wow any crowd. Imagine a tart apple with a crunchy sweet outside. I’m sure, even at the mention of it your mouth must have started dribbling.
- Apples 6
- Sugar 2 cups
- light corn syrup 1/2 cup
- Water 3/4 cup
- Red food coloring 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash and dry apples. Apples should be dried properly, otherwise sugar will not stick to the apples.
- Remove stick of apples and insert a ice cream stick into it till the midway.
- In a sauce pan take sugar, water and corn syrup. Heat it with occasional stirring till the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, decrease the heat and add food color. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes without stirring.
- In the meanwhile, grease a butter paper to keep candy apples.
- Check consistency of sugar by dropping a drop of it in a glass of water. If it forms a solid drop and sits at the bottom of glass, then it’s cooked, otherwise cook it further and repeat the check.
- When done, turn off the flame. Add vanilla essence and stir in gently so that the flavor incorporates properly.
- As soon as the flavor gets mixed up, start dipping apples. This is the time you have to be really quick as candy starts solidifying quickly. Tilt the pan and keep on rotating apple by holding from the stick so that candy is evenly coated on it.
- Let the extra sugar drip off by holding apple a little above the pan for a few seconds.
- Then keep it on the butter paper to harden. It will take few minutes to harden and is then ready to eat. Enjoy it without guilt !!