Milk time is a tough time for me as I have to run after my kids for milk. So everyday I have to think of how to give them milk so that they love it. It could be in the form of shakes or smoothie. I am fond of black forest cake. So this time I thought of making black forest protein shake which is rich in proteins and fiber along with the goodness of milk.
Why do we want to have proteins? Proteins as all of us know, are the body building food. So these are an important part of your growing child’s diet. That why , we mothers want to feed our kids proteins in one form or the other. Is it only the children who need proteins? Do proteins do the functions on only making and repairing tissues?
Proteins not only make and repair tissues, they do plenty of other works as well like they are important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood, do all the enzymatic activities of body and many more. They take longer to digest, so keep you full for a longer time. This way they help in weight control also. So, even we grown ups need proteins. There are a number of protein powders / supplements available in market to help you gain desired results. But why to go for supplements when we can get the same benefits in natural ways as well.
This shake contains cherries which are full of antioxidants like anthocynin and cyanidin and have numerous other health benefits. Oats present in it are considered as the World’s healthiest food. These contain a special dietary fibre beta-glucan which reduces bad cholesterol level. In nutshell a glass of this shake not only satiate your taste buds but also gives you all the health benefits your body needs.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Serves : 2
|Cocoa powder||1 tsp|
|Cherries||½ cup frozen or fresh, pitted|
|Vanilla Icecream||2-3 scoops|
|Dry fruits||2 tbsp|
- Boil milk. Add oats, cocoa powder and sugar. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Let it cool down completely.
- In a blender take 2-3 scoops of ice cream, oat mixture, cherries and dry fruits.
- Blend it to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour in a glass. Top with ice cream and cherry and enjoy
- You can use fresh cherries in place of frozen.
- Chocolate icecream could be used in place of vanilla. In that case omit cocoa powder.
- In place of cherries you can use fresh strawberries or strawberry crush.