Today’s world is a busy world. Everyone is rushing; kids to the school and parents to their respective jobs. So, in these busy hours we need to have something which is easy to make, satiating and at the same time healthy too. The easiest thing to make is a sandwich. There are numerous ways by which sandwiches could be made. Since my kids are fond of Chinese (Indo-Chinese) food, so one of their favorite sandwich is Chinese grilled sandwich. It is so easy to make that even if, I am not around, they can make it themselves. Chopping part is done by ‘every cook’s friend in the kitchen i.e. Mighty food processer’ 😉 . So, without wasting any time, let’s gather the ingredients and make this appetizing sandwich.
- Brown bread 4 slices
- Butter for toasting bread
- Oil 1 teaspoon, for sautéing vegetables
- Cheese slices 4
- Spring onion 2 (or 1 red onion), chopped
- Capsicum 1, finely chopped
- Cabbage ½ cup, shredded
- Carrot ½ cup, grated
- Green chili 1, chopped
- Ginger ½ teaspoon, chopped
- Garlic 2-3 cloves, chopped
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar ½ teaspoon
- Pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash and prepare veggies i.e. shred cabbage, grate carrot and finely chop onions, capsicum, chili, ginger and garlic.
- Take oil in a pan and heat it. Add ginger, garlic and onion whites. Sauté these at medium low flame till onions turn translucent.
- Add rest of the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion greens, salt, pepper and soya sauce and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Add vinegar, mix well and keep aside.
- Apply butter on one side of bread. Place a cheese slice on unbuttered side.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on it. Place another slice of cheese over it.
- Top with another buttered slice.
- Grill in a sandwich griller till golden brown and crisp.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot with tomato ketchup.