Corn is my favorite. Whether I go to market, to a wedding or even at home, if I happen to see corns, I can’t resist them. I love the corn in all its forms like roasted corn on the cob, boiled corn, steamed corn, corn chat, in the curry etc.
Corn itself is so delectable, imagine if it is converted to a fool proof dish that is kebabs…. Simply irresistible.
It’s rainy season these days. When it rains, our taste buds start yearning for something fried, spicy snacks like pakoras, samosa, tikis etc., accompanied by a hot cup of tea. Now why to go for all that fried stuff, when you can make these shallow fried kebabs within minutes.
Ingredients Corn Kebabs
|Frozen sweet corn||1 cup, thawed|
|Potato ||2, boiled & grated|
|Cheddar cheese||¼ cup, grated|
|Corn flour||3 tablespoons|
|Green chilies||2, chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 teaspoons
|Onion ||1 medium, chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1 tablespoon, chopped
|Pepper powder|| 1 teaspoon
|Italian seasoning||1 teaspoon
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Salt ||to taste|
Ingredients For Dip
|Hung Curd||1 cup
|Dill leaves||1 tablespoon, chopped|
- Thaw the frozen sweet corn and pulse it in the grinder along with capsicum.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Add grated potato and cheddar cheese, finely chopped onion, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and all the spices.
- Add corn flour and mix it well to make a dough. If it appears loose, add more corn flour.
- Dust some corn flour on a plate. Make small patties with the dough and coat with corn flour.
- Prepare all the patties and shallow fry kebabs on both sides.
- Serve hot with hung curd dip and salsa.
For hung curd dip
- Take 1 cup of hung curd in a bowl and beat it well with a whisker to make it smooth.
- Mix in salt, pepper and finely chopped dill leaves.
I am sending this recipe for Blogging Marathon #67 Week 1 Day 3
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#67