Cream of mushroom soup bursting out with flavors of garlic and mushroom can really warm the cockles of your heart. Treat yourself and the family with this hot and nourishing soup to beat cold of wintry nights.
Ingredients for Mushroom Soup
|Button mushrooms||100 grams|
|Onion||1 small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 cloves, crushed|
|All purpose flour||1 tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 cup|
|Milk powder/ cream||1/2 cup|
|Salt||acc to taste|
|Nutmeg powder||a pinch|
|Pepper Powder||acc to taste|
- Wash mushroom in running water. Slice 2-3 mushrooms for garnishing and chop rest of the mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of in a saucepan. Add few slices of mushroom in the butter and saute for 1 minute. Remove and keep these slices aside for garnishing.
- Add chopped onion and crushed garlic to the remaining butter and cook gently till softened and translucent.
- Add chopped mushroom and saute over moderate heat for about 10 minutes or till water evaporates.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour and saute for 2-3 minutes .
- Add vegetable stock or water to it and stir constantly to avoid the formation of lumps. Let it come to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the mixture with a hand blender leaving some chunks in it.
- Add milk powder or cream. Stir well to mix the contents thoroughly and return it to flame.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with sauteed mushroom sliced and chopped coriander or parsley.