Macaroni Salad is super easy to make at home. You just need few basic ingredients to make it, rest is your wish. You can modify it in any way that suits your taste buds. I made it using 3 types of beans and some other veggies. All the veggies and macaroni were tossed in a rich and creamy white sauce and seasoned with salt and pepper. I did not increase the spice level as it has to be kids approved, but you can use green chilies to make it spicy.
|Macaroni ||1 cup, boiled|
|Kidney beans/rajma ||½ cup, boiled
|Moth bean sprouts|| ¼ cup, steamed
|French beans||8-10, chopped & blanched|
|Onion ||1 small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 cloves, minced
|Tomato ||1, seeded and chopped|
|Cucumber ||1, chopped into small cubes|
|Carrot ||1, cut into small cubes & blanched|
|Frozen corn||¼ cup|
|Black olices||4-5, pitted and sliced|
|Butter ||1 tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 tablespoon|
|Milk ||1 cup|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
- In a sauce pan boil enough water to cook macaroni, add salt in the water.
- Drain water after it gets cooked and run through cold water. Keep aside.
- Put chopped french beans, carrot and corns in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan just to melt. Add minced garlic and finely chopped onion to it. Cook till onion turn translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook till light brown.
- Add hot milk with constant stirring by avoiding the formation of lumps.
- Cook till it thickens and become smooth and creamy.
- Take off the flame and let it cool.
- In a bowl, take macaroni, boiled rajma, mooth sprouts, blanched french beans, carrots and corns, chopped cucumber and tomatoes.
- Mix in white sauce, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze juice of a lemon and toss everything well.
- Chill the salad in refrigerator before serving.
I am sending this recipe for Blogging Marathon #66 Week 1 Day 3