My daughter is very fond of sweets. In fact, my whole family loves to have sweets. So one or the other sweet always has to be there in my fridge. When I selected khoya as my theme for the week, all in my family were very happy as they will get to eat a variety of sweets. After making two khoya and cocoa based sweets i.e. Jammu chocolate and Dhoda, I though of making sweet with another great flavor of India i e. Saffron.
Kesar ellachi peda is a very easy to make sweet that comes together completely in less than half an hour. I have made it from khoya/mawa. It can also be masher from full fat milk or milk powder. That will take a longer time, otherwise the taste remains the same.
|Khoya ||200 grams
|Cardamom powder||½ teaspoon
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and keep it for about half an hours for maximum extraction of flavors.
- Take grated khoya in a pan and add sugar to it. Heat it on medium flame.
- It will loosen up to a gooey consistency.
- Add saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- Continue cooking it with intermittent stirring till it thickens to a lump.
- Take off the flame and let it cool down.
- When it is warm to touch, pinch out a small portion of it and roll into circular ball. Make a small indentation in the middle peda with your finger and dust with slivered pistachio.