Just the mention of Mac n Cheese brings a huge smile on the faces of my kids. Many years ago, when my daughter was a toddler, my sister bought ready-to-make packets of Mac n Cheese from US. That was the first time my kids had it and it’s been their favorite ever since. I tried to replicate the dish and the one I made, was appreciated by them. Thank God!!! Till now I have made it countless times. One day, it dawned on me that why don’t I try converting their favorite Mac n Cheese into a soup. Guess what??? It was a hit. The elbow macaroni floating in a creamy, cheesy sauce tastes divine. They just slurped the whole bowl in no time.
Here it is… my kid’s favorite Mac & Cheese Soup!!
|Elbow macaroni||½ cup|
|All purpose flour||1 tablespoon
|Milk ||1 cup|
|Vegetable broth ||1 ½ cup|
|Onion||¼ cup, chopped finely
|Garlic ||1 clove, minced|
|Processed cheese||½ cup
|Freshly ground pepper||as required|
- Put some cheese on the bread/baguette slice.
- Cut tomato into half or slices.
- Place the bread slice and tomato in a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until bread is golden brown and cheese melts.
- Saute onion and garlic in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until transparent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add flour to saucepan and stir for 1 minutes.
- Add broth and salt. Let it simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in milk and simmer for another 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Add the cheese with constant stirring until all the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth.
- Stir in the macaroni and simmer until the macaroni is warmed through.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and parsley
- Ladle into soup bowls and place the toast topped with tomato over the soup.
- Serve immediately.
I am sending this recipe for Blogging Marathon #66 Week 1 Day 2