Yesterday when I came back from college, I was dead tired. Just as I entered, my foodie son requested me to make some continental dish. I promised to make him one and started searching for something that is easiest and quickest to make. Out of many options, I settled on mashed potato with garlic corn. Everything that I needed for making mashed potato, was already there in my fridge i.e. boiled potato, garlic paste and of course, frozen corn. With all these ingredients ready, it hardly took 10 minutes to prepare a creamy lip smacking continental dish ?
|Frozen corn||1 cup|
|Garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Olive Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Fresh cream||2 tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 medium, boiled & mashed|
|Cilantro||1 tablespoon, chopped|
- Wash and boil potatoes in salted water till tender.
- Drain and cool slightly. Peel and mash potatoes using a masher.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mashed potatoes and saute well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the cream and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped cilantro and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes till the smell of garlic goes away.
- Add corns and a pinch of salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ¾ of the sauteed garlic corns to the mashed potatoes and stir to combine well.
- Garnish with cilantro and remaining corns and serve immediately.