Mint chutney is one of the most commonly used condiment in North India, which is made from very simple ingredients available in almost every home. I remember as a young kid, we used to make chutney in pestle and mortar.It used to be a daily affair, grinding chutney with eyes full of tears due to the shameless onions being crushed mercilessly 🙂 😉 Now the job has become so easy due to every lady’s friend in the kitchen i.e. mighty mixer grinder. This tangy chutney is so versatile, that it could be served with almost everything be it paranthas, tikkis, chat, fritters or anything else. My family can’t survive without this chutney 😉
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Onion 1, big
- Green chilies 4-5
- Ginger 1”, roughly chopped
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Pomegranate seeds 1 tablespoon
- Roasted cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash mint leaves and chop them roughly.
- Roughly chop onion and green chilies and squeeze lemon juice.
- Put all the ingredients in the mixie jar and grind into a paste.
- Serve it with anything of your choice and enjoy.