Soups are always filling and nourishing. If you are on a diet or are following healthy diet pattern, nothing can be comparable to a hot soup. I can never ever do dieting. In fact, I don’t want to do it, but I do follow healthy diet patterns on and off. This time, I had started following detox diet. To keep myself energetic and full, I included various soups or smoothies in my diet. One of my favorite soup is Minty peas soup. While I was to present my recipes under theme ‘detox recipes’ in blogging marathon #64, I took it as an opportunity to include this soup recipe that I relish a lot.
|Peas (fresh/frozen)||1 cup
|Spring onion/Onion ||1 small, chopped|
|Mint leaves ||10-12|
|Olive oil/vegetable oil||1 teaspoon
|Lemon Juice||1/2-1 teaspoon|
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onion/ spring onion and ginger. Saute it on medium flame till onions become translucent.
- Add peas and 2 cups of water. Once it starts boiling, let it cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool for some time.
- Carefully transfer the soup mixture into a blender.
- Add mint leaves and puree till smooth.
- Return the pureed peas to flame and let it simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot or cold.